Filledandfooled stopped by to let me know that I’ve been nominated for a Very Inspiring Blog award. The easy parts are that I’ve already plastered this new award onto my blog template, will stick it in (hint, hint) here in this writing, and I will now thank Filledandfooled for the honor and for nominating me.
Like a lot of bloggers, I do have some goals when I’m doing this and, yeah, one of them is to inspire others to think and if they’re so inspired by something I’ve written, to write their own piece on whatever I said that inspired them or made them think. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy because with the way the world is these days, it’s not so easy to know if you’ve made a difference or that you’re really reaching people and this award, along with the other, is proof that you are, in fact, making a difference, being inspiring, etc.. So… seven facts about me…
1. I’m a classically trained musician and I can play several instruments.
2. When I was in high school, I earned enough credits to graduate before I got to the 12th grade – although I hung around for that year because I was having a ball!
3. I’m a stroke survivor!
4. In my younger days, I earned black belts in both judo and karate and in my tournament career, I was 107 and 1, losing the first contest I ever participated in (and I shouldn’t have lost that one).
5. I’m a published author but you’d never find what I’ve written in your local public library.
6. My favorite cereal is Oatmeal Raisin Crisp – it’s just so good!
7. I finished fourth in a Billboard contest, submitting a song I wrote in memory of my late brother – and with a first-generation Yamaha portable keyboard at that!
Okay, so now I gotta pick 15 people to nominate for this award and let them know about it (this is gonna take a few and probably another cup of coffee); so here we go:
4. http://www.cinfulcinnamon.com/ (just in case she thinks I’ve forgotten about her)
It’s now the next day since I started this listing of 15 bloggers… and I don’t think I can finish it. It’s not that I don’t find anyone inspiring or worthy; everyone I follow falls into that category. It’s just that all the exercising I’ve been doing is just beating the shit out of me so I’m gonna stop here, notify the six people above, and apologize to anyone I’ve left off of this list.
I will also thank Betty for nominating me for this award as well!