Filledandfooled stopped by to let me know that I’ve been nominated for a Very Inspiring Blog award. The easy parts are that I’ve already plastered this new award onto my blog template, will stick it in (hint, hint) here in this writing, and I will now thank Filledandfooled for the honor and for nominating me.
Like a lot of bloggers, I do have some goals when I’m doing this and, yeah, one of them is to inspire others to think and if they’re so inspired by something I’ve written, to write their own piece on whatever I said that inspired them or made them think. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy because with the way the world is these days, it’s not so easy to know if you’ve made a difference or that you’re really reaching people and this award, along with the other, is proof that you are, in fact, making a difference, being inspiring, etc.. So… seven facts about me…
1. I’m a classically trained musician and I can play several instruments.
2. When I was in high school, I earned enough credits to graduate before I got to the 12th grade – although I hung around for that year because I was having a ball!
3. I’m a stroke survivor!
4. In my younger days, I earned black belts in both judo and karate and in my tournament career, I was 107 and 1, losing the first contest I ever participated in (and I shouldn’t have lost that one).
5. I’m a published author but you’d never find what I’ve written in your local public library.
6. My favorite cereal is Oatmeal Raisin Crisp – it’s just so good!
7. I finished fourth in a Billboard contest, submitting a song I wrote in memory of my late brother – and with a first-generation Yamaha portable keyboard at that!
Okay, so now I gotta pick 15 people to nominate for this award and let them know about it (this is gonna take a few and probably another cup of coffee); so here we go:
4. http://www.cinfulcinnamon.com/ (just in case she thinks I’ve forgotten about her)
It’s now the next day since I started this listing of 15 bloggers… and I don’t think I can finish it. It’s not that I don’t find anyone inspiring or worthy; everyone I follow falls into that category. It’s just that all the exercising I’ve been doing is just beating the shit out of me so I’m gonna stop here, notify the six people above, and apologize to anyone I’ve left off of this list.
I will also thank Betty for nominating me for this award as well!
24 May 2013 at 21:20
Classically trained musician? Well, strut your stuff on this here blog. I like classical music. I’d be showing off if I knew how to play any instrument. May be the very reason why I can’t. And what did you write about? Oh no, don’t tell me. 🙂 Hey, glad you survived the stroke and glad we’ve met.
24 May 2013 at 21:24
I’m glad we met, too!
25 May 2013 at 01:35
Those are awesome facts about you!
I am classically trained musician as well and currently looking into a mandolin!
they tell me since i play the violin it should be easy to pick up.
25 May 2013 at 01:47
A fellow lover of music! Let me know how the mandolin works for you… and if being a violinist makes it easy.
25 May 2013 at 02:20
I certainly will but I know the last time I picked up a guitar I had a really hard time with strumming – I suck at strumming – but it has a lovely sound.
my weapon of choice is cello.
25 May 2013 at 03:15
Oh, I just LOVE cello! Now you got me drooling!
25 May 2013 at 08:24
Why thank you Rob. It’s been so long since I’ve even thought of something to write about besides all this mountain of homework that I’m doing, that my head may explode. You truly are an inspiration to everyone that reads you. Even if they dissagree (no way does THAT ever happen right? LOL) you can still state your point of view and remain calm about it. You’re the best !!!
25 May 2013 at 13:47
Homework, huh? Gee, that has to be fun!
28 May 2013 at 23:14
1. Classically trained musician. Me too!
2. Qualified for graduation early but stuck around. Me too!
3. Stroke survivor. I’m a survivor of another sort.
4. Martial arts, specifically Judo. Not a black belt, but I studied it. And I was *good*.
5. Published author. Me too!
6. Oatmeal Raisin Crisp. Um, not so much.
7. Songwriter. My husband makes money at this.
Congrats on the award, kdaddy. Thanks for sharing! It was fun to learn these things about you. 🙂
29 May 2013 at 13:39
Nice to see we have some things in common, Mrs. Fever!
29 May 2013 at 16:15
Indeed, we do. 🙂