Apologies, readers and followers, for not letting you know that my latest surgery was successful. My post-op checkup was this past Friday and the doc says everything is looking good and I got him to explain to onme how he “added cuffs” to my pants without bothering the original implanted device, which he did – it was as “simple” as inserting longer cuffs to the length he needed to fix what was wrong and to not give me issues down the road.
As you can see in this picture I found, the endograft device does look like a pair of pants so all he had to do was make the legs longer – adding cuffs, as he put in, which required me to be on the table for a couple of hours (compared with six hours initially) and only having to stay in the hospital for a day instead of two or three.
As before, I wound up with two small incisions in my groin; I was once again a bit amazed when they came in to check my bandaids… and saw that they literally covered the incisions with two bandaids – I don’t know why I expected to see gauze and tape but I did. As before, I was bruised but not as badly as the first time and on the left side this time and, yes, I had a couple of lumps but nothing as bad as the first time. Like my doctor told me, the incisions themselves wasn’t nearly as bad as what they did after they made them and, yes, I know what they did but I’ll spare you that bit of imagery.
I go to get scanned in January and, hopefully, I won’t need to have my implant adjusted again. We’ll see, I guess… but other than a few restrictions on lifting stuff, I’m recovering nicely.